RSMs’ Last Round
- On the afternoon of Thursday, 09 November, personnel of the Artillery Corps, both serving & retired, are gathering in the area of Keogh’s House, Glen Imaal to mark the last round for several distinguished members of the Corps, including both Regimental Sergeant-Major John Morris, Artillery School and Regimental Sergeant-Major Noel O’Callaghan, 2 Artillery Regiment.
- Lieutenant-Colonel John Prendergast, School Commandant, has kindly extended an invitation to members of the Artillery Club to attend.
- The Last Shots are scheduled to commence at 1530hrs, with transport provided from the area of Fenton’s from 1500hrs. Light refreshments will be served in the immediate aftermath of the shoot, with a Barbecue scheduled later that evening.
- For planning purposes, NLT 1600hrs on Tuesday 07 November, please advise our Event Coordinator – Colonel Seamus McDermott (Retd) [firstname.lastname@example.org], if you intend to attend the event, with copy to Club President, [email@example.com].
Annual Mass – 11 November
- The Artillery Club will participate in the Annual Mass for deceased personnel of the 2 Field Artillery Regiment, 62 Field Artillery Regiment (FCA), 7 Field Artillery Regiment (FCA) and 2 Air Defence Battery (FCA),Artillery Corps, taking place in the Garrison Church, McKee Barracks on Saturday 11 November at 1100hrs. A Wreath Laying Ceremony will take place after Mass, which will be followed by refreshments in the Dining Complex.
- All members of the Artillery Club, spouses of deceased Gunner Officers, and their respective families are encouraged to attend. See attached invitation card.
Annual General Meeting – 01 December
Whereas a formal Calling Notice for the AGM will be promulgated, in due course, the Club’s membership will recall that this year’s AGM will take place in McKee Barracks, Dublin, on Friday 01 December.
Coffee: 1030hrs, AGM: 1130hrs, Lunch: 1330hrs.
Lunch will take the form of the Annual Saint Barbara’s Lunch.
Stand-down Parade 07 December
Club Members are also invited to attend Regimental-Sergeant Noel O’Callaghan’s Stand Down Parade at 1400hrs on Thursday, 07 December, in Custume Barracks Athlone.